Once I started my paleo journey, I knew I needed to find a fantastic paleo banana bread recipe to suffice my random banana & “bread” cravings. You know the kind of banana bread you just close your eyes and just savor every bite with your coffee or almond milk…. or if you are like me, simply devouring it on the way to work without dropping crumbs is a beautiful experience! Yup, this was the epiphany I was in search for when developing a banana bread recipe. After trial and error….and more trial and error… I am now introducing this delightful banana experience….. It’s scrumptious, moist, and melts-in-your-mouth with banana chunks kind of banana bread.
Taste and see….
Oh yes, and I decided to venture out and add blueberries to the adventure!
Definitely not a disappointment as you can see. Blueberries and Bananas go together like water and sand.
Below are the ingredients and recipe. Hope you love!
– 2 cups of almond meal (you can use almond flour but I found the bread to be much more moist with meal)
– 3 medium overriped mashed bananas, and 1 banana sliced
– 3 eggs
– Pinch of salt
– 1 tsp of cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
– 1 tsp of organic vanilla extract
– 1 tsp of baking soda
– 2 tbsp of raw melted honey
– 1/4 cup of melted oil (I use coconut oil)
– 1/4 cup chocolate chips, roasted/unsalted pecans, blueberries (a little extra for toppings) , etc (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Sift dry ingredients in a large bowl
3. Whisk wet ingredients together in medium bowl
4. Stir in wet ingredients with dry ingredients
5. When combined, lightly fold in blueberries (optional)
6. Pour in a coconut oil – greased loaf pan and top with sliced bananas (or if you are doing the banana blueberry bread then add some extra blueberries)
7. Insert in oven for 50 minutes or until you stick a toothpick in the bread and it comes out clean.
8. Let cool down before inhale. 🙂