I, unfortunately, was born with an innate lack of desire to wake up on time in the mornings. Anyone relate? Not sure what it is, but one would not categorize me as a “morning person.” I would be more categorized as a “zombie-like-woman.” However, I love mornings when I wake up with no assistance from my iphone alarm and lean over to snuggle up to my mister without a care in the world. But this usually only happens on Saturdays…. Sooo, typically my weekly morning routine is a rush (and blur) as I make my husband’s lunch, get in a quick workout or soak up some personal devotional time, and then work on looking presentable to the world (or at least to the office).
Speaking about mornings. It makes for a morning-gone-right when I walk into the kitchen to find perfectly ripe bananas. Why? That means delish smoothies for breakfast! Smoothies have been one of my absolute favorite go-to’s since I started my healthy lifestyle. Although there are great smoothies recipes out there, my Triple 5 Blueberry Smoothie always seems to be my number 1 choice with me and my mister. Why is it called “Triple 5 Blueberry Smoothie?” Well, it takes 5 minutes to create, 5 steps, with 5 healthy ingredients.
1. 1 banana
2. 1 cup of almond milk
3. 1 cup of blueberries (I use frozen)
4. 1 cup of spinach or kale (I rotate)
5. 1/2 cup of ice
– 2 tbsp of fiber (optional)
– strawberry slices, coconut chips, extra blueberries for toppings (optional)
1. Split banana in half and put both halves in a blender.
2. Pour in almond milk, blueberries, and spinach.
4. Throw in the 1/2 cup of ice and blend until smooth.
5. Pour into a mason jar or any other cool cup and ENJOY!